Strange Invisible Perfumes is sincerely committed to environmental consciousness and green business practices. As a company of individuals who truly respect the environment, both personally and professionally, we are relentlessly motivated to craft ecologically sound products.
• Our botanical essences and ingredients are completely natural. By "natural," we mean that they are crafted only from ingredients found in nature, such as the purest essential oils of flowers, plants, and resins. We do not use any manipulated or synthetic chemicals. Such chemicals often contain harmful toxins and are eventually non-biodegradable.
• We use 100% organic, beverage-grade, grape alcohol as the base of our perfumes.
• Our in-house master distiller customizes many of our ingredients both in our laboratory and all over the world. We source and produce essential oils that are 100% organic and originate from sustainably grown or wildcrafted ingredients. These products are higher priced than non-organic oils but we choose to use such ingredients whenever available, regardless of cost. Unfortunately, the essential oil industry is filled with adulterated products that are listed as 100% natural. Our discerning perfumer and full-time distiller employ unprecedented methods of quality control so that authenticity is completely ensured.
• A very high percentage of our products, from 85-100%, is consistently organic. With each new micro batch we seek out purer and purer ingredients, which frequently raise our percentage of certified organic ingredients. The ingredients used that are not certified organic are exceedingly pure being wildcrafted, biodynamic, and/or hydro-distilled.
• Our luxury packaging is on the cutting edge of sustainability. Our eau de parfum cartons are printed on FSC and PEFC certified paper manufactured using biofuel with pulp from sustainably managed forests. Our bath and body collection bottles are constructed from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
We diligently maintain an eco-conscious boutique, laboratory and office by employing the following practices:
• We stock our boutique with products made by companies committed to absolute purity, environmental consciousness, and social responsibility.
• We use non-toxic, earth-friendly, biodegradable cleaning products.
• We use biodegradable, corn-derived plastic cups, plates, and utensils for our boutique events and always recycle beverage containers. We also cater these events with organic delicacies and produce from local suppliers.
• We use vegetable-based, biodegradable packaging peanuts instead of harmful styrofoam in shipping our packages.
• We recycle, reduce, and reuse whenever possible, from paper in our office to essential oil containers in our laboratory. We are always seeking ways to be more environmentally friendly in our operating practices.
• Our boutique and headquarters are enrolled in the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's Green Power for a Green LA program which relies upon solar, wind, biomass and other renewable sources of energy. Renewable electricity technologies are among the cleanest and have the least impact on the environment.
As part of our philanthropic efforts, we donate 8% of sales from our fragrance Magazine Street to the Katrina relief work of Common Ground Collective. This exceptional non-profit organization is committed to the environmental restoration and sustainable rebuilding of New Orleans.